Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself
09-04-2015, 06:55 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself
Hi Greg, Welcome! I look forward to talking with you on the air. Not ready to retire here just yet, I work in semiconductors in Chandler, and I originally worked in Silicon Valley in motor control. If you haven't been on the Monday night net yet, I suggest you join in there at 8pm and get to know a lot of the members there. A lot of members are retired and will rag chew during the day, others, like me, tend to be on only during commute hours, but I also try to operate from the bicycle when the weather is better. Most of the local traffic is on the 145.21 repeater. The Maricopa Public Library is where we have the monthly meetings, usually the last Saturday of the month at 9am.
I am very curious about the RC airplane hobby. I wonder where you fly them?
See you on the radio, 73
Bob, N6YPE
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Hi, my name is John Wright. I live in San Diego, CA and wear a number of hats in ham radio. I am a VE Team Leader for the SANDARC VEC, President of the South Bay Amateur Radio Society in Chula Vista, CA and the Public Information Coordinator for the San Diego Section (San Diego and Imperial Counties) of the ARRL.

I came across MARA while perusing the 4X4hams forums and saw mention of the upcoming Copafest. It so happens my wife's mother lives in Florence, AZ and I visit a couple of times a year. I arranged it so I could come over at the same time as Copafest and I will be attending, along with a friend who is the President of the Sunlife Amateur Radio Club in Mesa.

See you all next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes K6CPO's post:
W7CGC-Chris (10-14-2016)
10-16-2016, 12:54 PM
I look forward to seeing you here, John. Glad to see that we finally got you activated on the forum. I am one of the original 4x4 ham members. If you're bringing your off road rig and want to do some exploring while you're here, I would be glad to go out with you.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]

10-18-2016, 02:33 AM
(10-16-2016 12:54 PM)W6SDM-Steve Wrote:  If you're bringing your off road rig and want to do some exploring while you're here, I would be glad to go out with you.

Oh dear. Don't encourage him, John! Big Grin

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2016, 11:55 AM
(10-16-2016 12:54 PM)W6SDM-Steve Wrote:  I look forward to seeing you here, John. Glad to see that we finally got you activated on the forum. I am one of the original 4x4 ham members. If you're bringing your off road rig and want to do some exploring while you're here, I would be glad to go out with you.

I don't have a 4x4 any longer and I never did much off-roading when i did. I got onto that forum for the ham radio portion of it.
11-08-2016, 05:17 AM
Sorry for the late reply to this. My name is George Burger and I live in Ely Minnesota. My mother in law lives in Maricopa and is one of the dispatchers for Maricopa PD.

I have been a ham radio operator since 2010 and passed my General exam while in Maricopa in August. I also joined your club in August. My HF rigs include a Kenwood TS-570D and a Yaesu FT-857D. For VHF/UHF I have a Yaesu FTM-400DR in my Jeep. At home I run a Yaesu FTM-100DR as a base/Wires-X node. My HT is a Yaesu FT2DR. I'm the president for our local club, Vermilion Range Amateur Radio Club. I put up a club Digipeater/Igate and we are now working on adding a Fusion Repeater to our area.

I'll be back in Maricopa November 19-28.
11-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Thanks for checking in, George. Maybe we'll work you on the bands back in zero land.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]