Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
copafest
08-19-2016, 08:54 PM
copafest
I have missed the last few Monday night nets due to work and am not able to get to the meetings on Saturdays and I am wondering how the plans are going for copafest. also is there anything I can do to help?
Thanks K7NDM Nathan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 12:51 AM
RE: copafest
Wow, I REALLY need to check here more often. If you're still interested in helping, please shoot an email to "planning@copahams.org." That way we can keep track of it.

We will hook you up.

David, N7FAN

(08-19-2016 08:54 PM)K7NDM-Nathan Wrote:  I have missed the last few Monday night nets due to work and am not able to get to the meetings on Saturdays and I am wondering how the plans are going for copafest. also is there anything I can do to help?
Thanks K7NDM Nathan

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2016, 09:34 PM
At the last MARA meeting I mentioned the possibility of getting Gordon West to come to the Copafest. As anyone checked into this? Just wondering, he would be a great addition to the Hamfest ......

09-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Nate,
I spoke with you sunday regarding this and will get that information out.

Norm,
We would love to have Gordo, the unfortunate part of it is that we can't afford to compenstate him for coming out. That is the reason no one looked into it any further.

Chris
W7CGC - General / ARRL VE
[Image: mara-sig.jpg][Image: vec.jpg][Image: wfr.JPG]
10-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Any information yet on the time of the seminars at the Copafest. This will help if someone would like to attend a particular seminar/s and also help out as a volunteer at the Copafest...

02-09-2017, 10:48 PM
I will be going to the Yuma hamfest next weekend. I will let the vendors know that we are having our event October 28th
.Hopefully we will have some flyers available by then.

Bob W8RH

02-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Keep in mind folks that we're still in the early planning stages for Copafest. We haven't even had our first meeting yet, so it's a little early to start printing. Once we have a list of attractions, seminars, etc. nailed down, then we can start printing. Otherwise, we're going to have to redo our flyers once we know what all we have to offer.

We do know the date and location, so we can pass out something with that information. We're also going to start publishing in Arizona Desert Airwaves so that the date is out there. We're also planning an e-mail broadcast to local area hams.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]

02-26-2017, 10:37 PM
I would like to reach out to the Yuma club and see if they would be willing to share logistical info with us. I also want to find out who their shirt vendor was, etc. We don't need to invent the wheel for every hamfest.

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Rick Hunt, K7MEX, is the director of the organization that puts on the Yuma hamfest. He is rhunt7@gmail.com. The organization website is yumahamfest.org. Go ahead and contact him and see what you can find out.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]