Create an Account
x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build an Awesome Antenna Analyzer on the Cheap!
02-02-2017, 07:00 AM
RE: Build an Awesome Antenna Analyzer on the Cheap!
Hold the hot part, right?

Chris
W7CGC - General / ARRL VE
[Image: mara-sig.jpg][Image: vec.jpg][Image: wfr.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 08:54 AM
It works just like they teach Marines to load bullets in a rifle - pointy end first.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]

02-02-2017, 11:00 AM
(02-02-2017 07:00 AM)W7CGC-Chris Wrote:  Hold the hot part, right?

I went for about 5 years with a round burn on the palm of my hand, from where I tied into the top of a transmit tube in my Drake TR-3. It took a LONG time for that RF burn to go away.

So I know all about holding on to the hot part.

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 07:40 PM
So I just built mine finally last night as a project night with NO7IN. Uploaded the sketch today and bricked my Arduino by uploading it as a 3.3v board. Fixed it tho. You have to be fast!

After the fix I did check the operation on my MFJ-1775 rotatable dipole. Checked 40m-10m.

It does do stand-alone operation or those that haven't found that out yet. When you change the band it will aweep the band and give you the frequency in that band with the lowest SWR. This would at least tell you if you are too long or short. A PC would be required if you actually want to see the whole graph..

As a quick test mine was showing 1.15:1 on 29.438. my Anritsu showed 1.07:1 at 29.4. my Anritsu only goes down to 25Mhz so I can't test the other bands and my markers wouldn't let me art the specific frequency that the Arduino analyzer got.

[Image: IMG_20170604_191206.jpg]
[Image: antenna+analyzer+graph.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170604_192055.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170604_192103.jpg]

Chris
W7CGC - General / ARRL VE
[Image: mara-sig.jpg][Image: vec.jpg][Image: wfr.JPG]
06-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Great that someone finally got one together. I still have mine sitting on the workbench as a bag of parts - along with a whole host of other kits and projects. This might come in handy for toning the antennas at Field Day.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]