or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The ARES E-Letter for February 15, 2017
02-15-2017, 05:06 AM
The ARES E-Letter for February 15, 2017
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/ares-el...2017-02-15

The actual E-letter is at the link above. I'm only posting an except that grabbed my attention. It's from the piece on the Orlando Hamfest:

"...While discussion focused on how to gain more interest and attention of younger people and hams, there was also discussion of Hurricane Matthew responses, fresh from the monster storm that attacked the region last Fall. After action stories and lessons learned were discussed.

"Comments from the audience ran the gamut of interests, but the one comment that struck me the most came from a member of the Lakeland Amateur Radio Club who said that the club had faced declining attendance at club meetings and membership until they eliminated the business portions of the meetings in favor of more hands-on, show and tell demonstrations of equipment, modes and antennas, which turned into big hits. Membership and attendance soared from a modest 33 members to over one hundred. That seemed to me a magic bullet that could spur memberships and meetings attendance for all clubs and ARES groups."

That would make for a different meeting style.

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply