Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's in your VHF/UHF Radio?
10-04-2017, 04:01 AM
What's in your VHF/UHF Radio?
Which repeaters do you have programmed into your radio memories? Maybe you hang out on a simplex frequency?

What do you have programmed?

There seem to be several thousand repeater pairs in the Phoenix area, and only a few good repeaters. So, share with us which ones you listen to.

I found an old memory list from when I lived in Chandler. Half the repeaters are no longer on the air, and most of the rest of them you can't hit from Maricopa.

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 08:08 AM
RE: What's in your VHF/UHF Radio?
I have all the ARA repeaters. I also have most of the local EOC repeaters. Then I have Sacaton (from when it was working) and Chandler, both of which are EOC repeaters.

I have found that if you get too many repeaters programmed in that aren't being used, the radio gets cluttered and unmanageable. Even the most popular repeaters get very light use in the Phoenix metro area.

[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: dxcc.jpg] [Image: WAC.jpg] [Image: was.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: QRZawards-sm.jpg] [Image: ARRL-Certificates%20-%20sm.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
10-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Is there a common simplex freq that people monitor around town?

MARA Board Member
[Image: mara-sig.jpg] [Image: vec.jpg] [Image: skywarn.jpg] [Image: 15206970849_6b3e7042dd_s.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2017, 07:49 PM
I monitor 146.540 simplex

Joe LaRussa
Ke7ees
Skywarn spotter PIL 701
Find all posts by this user